Monday, January 15, 2007

One of my favorite quotes is from Jim Rohn who says.....

If you don't design your own life plan, chances are you'll fall into someone else's plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much.-


Everyone has their own personal dreams and if it's a nice car or home or second home etc. then I'm happy for them and want to see them achieve their dream. I'm not one to judge anyone's dreams or their character based on what they desire in life.

For me personally I did have a dream of owning a home at our favorite lake in Austin on lake travis. I have had this dream for many years and it has come true. I don't think that makes me someone that people would not want to work with. It's a very wonderful place for us and we love it there. Everytime I think of our place there I get that FEEL GOOD FEELING!

I'm also very proud of the fact that I was able to buy that house with my own money!

It's taken me years and years to develop and grow into the person I've become and I came from nothing. I had no job, no experience, no corporate background, no degrees, no contacts or credibility and no confidence when I started my business in 1996. I depended totatally on my husband financially and emotionally ten years ago. I was then and still am to this day a stay at home mom. Only now I make my own income because I have my own life and when you own your own business you own your own life!

I dove in and made plenty of mistakes for the record books. Lot's of dissapointments and frustrations and it has not been easy even though I sometimes I wished I had an easy button I'm glad I didn't have one!

Because going through all the refining fire made me a better person and a successful person that most importantly will become even more successful within the next few years. Even radically wealthy as one of my mentors and industry friends Mark Yarnell says!

Some people say ten years wow! It took you THAT long? Well what the heck else would I be
doing? Working for someone else and building THEIR dreams?

I've met so many people over the years with all sorts of dreams. There's nothing wrong with wanting a nice vehicle to drive. In fact, I'll just put it out there. I want to drive a BMW. I know the type and the color and I will be driving one. That's just something I desire. I also want to build our dream house at the lake and retire there. Because we love it up there so much.

It would be really sad if someone told me they didn't prefer to work with me because I wanted to drive a nice car and build our dream home. I like nice things and I'm not afraid or ashamed to admit it.

I don't need a mansion but if I DID desire one I would eventually get one. Because I believe!

I have always had belief. Belief in God, in myself, in the industry and in other people!

So yes I think it's ok to ask a person what their dreams are and then to respect their dreams because they are private to them and I will do whatever I can to help them achieve their most precious dreams!

Sue Seward
eCommerceHomeBiz

No comments: