Saturday, May 01, 2010
Blogging 101 Sue Seward Online Marketing Coach
Are U Branding Online with a Blog?
A blog is much like a personal website only its focus is more of a personal journal or diary that's opened up for anyone who chooses to read it.
A blog is a wonderful complement to your personal website, newsletters, articles, and overall building your personal brand online.
Your blog writing will center around a specific topic related to your target market. Each post will contain your personal thoughts, experiences, resources, training, coaching relevant to your topic. The key is to develop your style of writing and anyone can do it. When I started online in 1996 I had no degrees or writing experience.
I just dove in and did it! Today I'm a published MLM author. Who would have thought?
Much like the personal website, a blog is another tool to share who you are and begin establishing relationships. However, with a blog, your site visitors can leave comments and the relationship becomes a two way conversation and connects you to your readers.
Everyone seems to be moving in the direction of blogging online so if you have a business and would like to promote your business online, this might be the perfect time to learn about blogging or if you already have a blog why not get paid to blog or self-fund your blog? Especially in this economy when it's time to think
outside the box! So many people now days are looking for extra ways to earn more income and pay expenses.
By making connections with other entrepreneurs online, I've come across a new blogging network that actually pays down 5 levels to refer the blogging service to other people - (I just imported all of my blog content from here at blogspot). All of my content for the last five years imported right into the ismyblogs.name blog network which uses Wordpress, with a ton of added features.
This sort of takes me back to the ole .WS Global Domains International days way back over twelve years ago. You may remember them. I still to this day receive a commission check deposited into my bank account every month from that program and have not done any marketing to grow that program in over ten years. I referred a few people way back then and it just sort of took off with Viral Power.
I've had several brainstorming sessions on the phone with one of the top affiliates to go over some of the features of the blogging network and I'm extremely impressed and excited about the possibilities it has for anyone with a business or anyone who loves to blog and wants to incorporate their business into their blog. I have those audio recordings for anyone who joins our blogging network.
There is a resource training center available included for all affiliates, with step by step how to videos chopped full of valuable nuggets to help people expose their business online. After thirteen years online this is one of the tools I've been searching for.
We are planning some blog talk radio interviews centered around blogging so more people understand how to use a blog, brand themselves and expose their business to more people. This network however, shows you step by step how to get your blog set up and running fairly quickly and how to advertise your home business.
People contact me often asking.. "Sue how can I get a personalized website to promote my business and build a presence online and brand myself?" We used to using website builders, now the trend is blogging!
Anyone can promote their business and brand themselves with this blogging network and there is a 5 level commission pay out so at the same time anyone can earn some extra money referring others or just have their own blog paid for.
I've started receiving more hits to not only my blog and networking newsletter, which I have connected with my blog; visitors are being attracted to my primary business website as well because there's a link for my business connected from my blog. This is a huge benefit alone.
I've been looking for a streamlined platform to promote my coaching and primary business and really love the fact that we can refer others and earn some extra income to pay expenses for our business. That's why I love self-funded programs and this one just happens to have viral power to help boost our personal brand even more.
The network is Free for the first 30 days so why not give it a whirl!? It's very affordable at only $9.95 a month after that to start your own branding online.
With just ten referrals your blog will be paid for and the network will help you get listed at the top of the search engines and you will be able to promote your business in our exclusive Group Advertising Network.
The goal is to eventually streamline one of my other personal training websites into this self-funded network.
Several of my networking colleagues have already decided to try it out and are already loving all the features and training they are receiving to promote their business -
Here are a few tips to getting started with your blog - remember with the above network we also offer you a free resource and training center filled with golden nuggets to help you on your blogging journey to success in Branding U!
1. Who is your ideal reader?
2. Examine the reasons or purpose of why you want to publish a
3. How do you want your readers to feel when they read your blog?
What's your writing style - humorous, visionary, educator??
4. What do you want your readers to do when they read your blog? -
call to action
5. How much time do you have to devote to your blog each week?
Start planning a schedule for writing.
6. Name your blog. Think in terms of keywords and target market.
What's your niche? How does it relate to your online presence?
7. Sign up for a blog account - see free 30 day trial link below
8. Be sure you register a domain name for your blog; for example mine is SueSeward.com I always recommend using your name to Brand U!
9. Set up your blog -
- Choose a theme that best suits your style with colors, layout, and side bar items. Our blogging platform has over 200+ themes to choose from and over 100+ plugins. Personally I uploaded my own Lake Travis photo for my header.
- Choose colors that complement your personal website, logo/header
- Set up your content categories and lists
- Develop your "profile"
10. Drive traffic to your blog site:
- Submit to blog directories and search engines - (All of this comes included with our blogging network)
- Submit to regular search engines like Google and Yahoo - (this is done for all affiliates with our blogging network)
- Have a sign up form on your blog so visitors can get your posts by email - this can be set up with an Aweber account. Don't have an account?
-Sign up for an AWEBER autoresponder account here - then be sure you sign up as an affiliate because this is another self-funded program-
- Syndicate your blog with RSS feeds. Any website you have may offer an RSS feed feature. When you set this up, this means that whenever you post something on your blog, it will show up on the website you've placed the RSS feed.
When I write a post on the ismyblog.name blogging network there is a share button with about 50+ networks to post my blog to such as - Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, Ping.fm, Yahoo, Plaxo, Linkedin. Viral Power...
Be sure you register for some of these networks if you have not already do so. For instance with ping.fm you can post a message and viral power it out to more that one network at a time depending on which networks you are registered with. When I post something on ping.fm it gets posted on both Twitter and Facebook saving me time.
11. Create links to your blog -
- put a link in your email signature file
- on your personal website or any profile pages within social
- Article Resource Box
- in your newsletter
- Business Cards
-put links to your primary business on your blog
12. Blogging is another valuable tool for online networking and branding. Comment on other blogs related to your target market, build your credibility, and drive traffic to your blog. When you post on another persons blog, your name/ID profile will be a hyperlinked back to you.
>Free 30 Day Profit-With-Your-Blog
Let me know how I can best support you in branding U online!
Teach Your Team To Fish & Feed Them For A Lifetime!
<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
To Your Success!
Branding U - Online Marketing Coach